Friday, October 3, 2008

Eres constipada?

Did you think they same thing as me while reading the title? One can only imagine my reaction when I was first asked, eres (are you) constipada? I replied in the negative of course, as I was in no way constipated! For 2 weeks straight I was asked this question on a regular basis. My wonderful roommates would try to hold in their laughter as the Senora that I live with would ask me about my constipada-ness. We would talk about the medicine I was taking, my energy levels, my ability to pay attention during classes, you know, the normal things associated with being constipada that everyone loves to talk about at the dinner table. The word "constipada"in Spanish can mean congested or stuffed up. All I had was a little chest cold, but it was the funniest chest cold I've had in a long time! I have since learned to talk openly and willingly about my constipada.
This is just a fun picture from last night in La Plaza Meyor in Madrid.

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Nanette @ SmilingMom.com Says:
Classic!! I love the pictures. And I'll be sure not to ask about your bowel issues! ;-)

Grandma Kitty said...

You are too much Kristen! I'm glad you've been healed from your constipada!

Love your photos.