Thursday, September 11, 2008

First Taste of Spain




I'm so sorry not to have posted anyting until now!! Dependable internet hasn't been the easiest thing to find for me. Here is some things I've written along the way...

This first week has been great!! One of my friends was nice enough to let me use his buddy pass, so not only did i pay a third of the price to fly over here, I worked it into the Business class. For all of you who have never had the experience of having a 4 course meal, heated peanuts, and a recliner while travling for 9 hours, I highly suggest it!! I landed at about 10am here, 2am PST. Our proffesor wouldn't let us go to sleep and so it made for a very long day. We met our families and then went on a tour of the city were we will be living, Alcala de Hernañes. It is about 30km outside of Madrid. Our Proffessors took us on a little tour to get aqaunted witht the city, which was pretty cool.

Saturday(8/23) we all took the train into Madrid to see some of the sights. Oh my Beautiful!! I cançt get over the architecture and the detail that seems ot be in ever building in the city. I feel like I'm in a postcard no matter where I go in Spain. We went to a museum and saw a bunch of really cool old stuff from different time periods here in Spain. I know we will go back many time to Madrid so I wont elaborate too many times. Sunday we went to church. I don't undertand the Natives at all! It is great how the Spirit is still the same. I am excited to be with the saints everyweek.
Monday (8/25) was AMAZING!! First off we went to Segovia. There we toured this sweet castle and Carthedral. We also got to see a Roman Aqueduct. WOW. History is just breathtaking to see firsthand. After Segovia we went up to La Granja to watch some fountians go off. Oh my gosh, we had so much fun! We were all watching when all the sudden these Spainards started jumping in. We looked at each other and said when in Spain, so as the Spainards! Normally it's pretty heafty fine to go into the fountins, but not yesterday! It was so funny bc everyone was pushing everyone in and singing spainsh songs and "Olay, olay, olay olay!!" I asked my prof. if any of her other groups had ever done this and she said we were the first. Holy hannah i dont think she has any idea what she has gotten into!!

1 comment:

Grandma Kitty said...

Kristen, I'm so happy you are having a blast in Spain. I saw your pictures on facebook.

Hugs, mom