Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Public Transportation

I take public transportation everywhere. I have come to love it, not simple because it is almost always dependable and everywhere, but because I would have to walk everywhere if it weren´t available. I´ve enjoyed learning how to do things, like you know, catch the bus. One fo the first nights we were here, my roomates and I stood up at the bus stop when the bus came and the bus just drove right on past us. It was the last bus of the night and we had to walk 45 minutes home. Apperently you need to wave at the bus driver to let them know you want to board!

I have also learned to never ever take the bus when it rains, or even sprinkles. On Monday we waited 45 minutes for a bus (it was sprinklling), got on and were stuck in between stops for another 45 inutes before we could get off and walk the remaining 45 minutes to school. Normally it only takes 25 minutes to walk to the bus stop, wait, take the bus, and then get to school. CRAZY. I can only imagin what they would do here if it snowed!

I promise to post more pictures soon!!

No comments: